Pages

Monday, March 12, 2007

Something perfect you can do

if you're like stuck at work (note: just kidding; work is for working at) is listen to This American Life streams while looking at Glen Murphy's old java experiments from like five years ago at bodytag.org.

For the January 5 episode, may I recommend:

maya1 for Act I (The Super Always Rings Twice)*
europa for Act II (Please Re-Lease Me)**
smoke2 for Act III (Super Duper) ***

* Because it's all cloudy charcoal, but then you start to see these spirograph Dave Ford drawings-by-trucks crop circle patterns, but then you look away from it for a minute and when you look back, it's darker and more complex than you thought it was going to be. (a)
** I love pretty much everything Joshuah Bearman has ever done in History, but he confuses me because he chooses to live in LA. (No disrespect.)
*** I actually don't have anything to say about this one, but it looked lonely without asterisks.

(a)
I recommend maya1 for everything, actually. Not just This American Life episodes. I mean I recommend everyone spend several hours a day watching it, even the blind. In fact, unless you can literally see me doing something else as you read this, you can just assume that's what I'm doing right now.


Whoa, θ • (π/180) • r for a central angle θ -- I didn't see that coming!

No comments: