Pages

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I sort of get what's behind the impulse of this internet behavioral phenomenon but it's still weird to me

In articles on The AV Club, people post comments under fake celebrity names (usually not apropos of anything in particular) (that I can figure out) and then everyone responds to that commenter as if s/he were the actual celebrity.

Like this is the one I just read; it's a Will Ferrell interview, and about 1/6 of the way down the page, "Jonathan Taylor Thomas" posts something, and then you get:

RE: Elf 2
by Eric Kahn
Hmmm, your TV dad didn't invite you to be on Santa Clause 1,2, nor 3 - I think you are just a bitter adult.. totally shows.
4:31 AM Wed February 27, 2008

RE: Elf 2
by The Unregistered Chauncey Grizzly
Yeah, and running out and doing that "I'll Be Home For Christmas" Movie showed just how jealous you were!
1:01 PM Wed February 27, 2008


...but it happens on all of them.

If I were David Wain and I had to do, like, an I Love The 80s or something, I would first post a comment on the AV Club under the name "The Superbowl Shuffle" and then see what people had to say to me, and then I'd steal their good ideas.

DAVID WAIN, IT IS OK WITH ME IF YOU DO THIS BECAUSE THE MONEY YOU MAKE ON I LOVE THE 80s HELPS PAY YOU TO DO MORE INTERESTING THINGS LIKE WAINY DAYS AND THINGS WITH PAUL RUDD.


related: john cleese looking old = makes me sad, but john cleese forgetting names of people he worked with as well as confusing movie names = makes me really really sad.

DAVID WAIN: JOHN CLEESE BEING OLD! YOUR THOUGHTS?

No comments: