Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

get experienced

Choire Sicha deconstructs AO Scott's review of The Girlfriend Experience in The Awl.

Good stuff in both links. However! Left out of both the review and the translation are the following important points:

(1) You are not allowed to see the film unless you have sat through a minimum of five mumblecore movies.

(2) "Grey's Anatomy" remains a good title for a movie review; why hasn't anyone done this?

(3) In an effort to leverage off of existing irony, Sasha Grey just secured the contract to be the new face of Ivory Snow (along with a resurrection of former taglines "Will Wash Anything" (!), "No chapping" (!!) and "it floats" (..?)).

(4) I think if I saw this movie I would feel gross and sad, but I still think I want to see it more than Che.

(5) "It's nice to be liked, but it's better by far to get paid."


Tangentially Related:





about which, : (

No comments: